Introduction to Computer Science
- This page is maintained as an archival record of the course shown above, and as such, some links on this page may no longer be valid nor accessible. They are kept here as a record of the resources that were available at the time of the course offering.
All materials are in PDF. Sorry, you won’t find source code or solutions here; contact me directly for those.
- 20080918: As announced at the end of the 0918 lab session, only the reflection questions in Assignment 0923 are
20081028 Regularly scheduled office hours will be truncated on Tuesday 1028 due to a meeting from 3-5pm. I will still be in the vicinity of my office and can entertain quick questions at that time, but more extended discussions will have to wait.
20081101 Due to yet another meeting, regularly scheduled office hours will not take place on Tuesday 1104. Instead, these office hours will take place on Monday 1103 from 2-5pm.
20081113 For the last time this semester (I hope), regularly scheduled office hours will not take place on Tuesday 1118 due to a meeting from 3-6pm. Instead, these office hours will take place on Monday 1117 from 3-6pm.
- 0826: Computer Science: The Big Picture
- 0902: Towers of Hanoi and mouse-in-a-maze puzzle rules
- 0904: Notes on the RRR (Reader-Runner-Referee) Exercise
- 0911: Pseudocode Examples
- 0930: Midterm Review Sheet
- 1007: Data Storage
- 1009: Data storage supplements
- 1014: Data Manipulation
- 1021: Operating Systems
- 1028: Networking & the Internet
- 1111: XHTML Rules of Thumb, The Tags That Bind
- 1118: Artificial Intelligence
- 1125: Second Life Scripting Basics
- 1204: Term Portfolio Specifications, Final Review Sheet, Theory of Computation
Related External Links
- Wikipedia: A good starting point for virtually any concept lookup (emphasis on starting point)
- Case study applications
- Web design resources
- W3 Schools: Nice try-it-yourself feature here
- HTMLHelp.com: Another popular self-teaching site
- The Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C): The ultimate authority, but may be too much for a beginner
- A simple CSS tutorial “from the ground up” from Web Page Design for Designers
- CSS notes from Prof. Ray Toal’s Internet technologies course
- The Web Developer Extension home page: Extremely useful, and free!