- This page is maintained as an archival record of the course shown above, and as such, some links on this page may no longer be valid nor accessible. They are kept here as a record of the resources that were available at the time of the course offering.
All materials are in PDF. Sorry, you won’t find source code or solutions here; contact me directly for those.
- 20081028: Regularly scheduled office hours will be truncated on Tuesday 1028 due to a meeting from 3-5pm. I will
still be in the vicinity of my office and can entertain quick questions at that time, but more extended discussions
will have to wait.
20081101: Due to yet another meeting, regularly scheduled office hours will not take place on Tuesday 1104. Instead, these office hours will take place on Monday 1103 from 2-5pm.
20081113: For the last time this semester (I hope), regularly scheduled office hours will not take place on Tuesday 1118 due to a meeting from 3-6pm. Instead, these office hours will take place on Monday 1117 from 3-6pm.
- 0826: Interaction Design Overview
- 0902: Interaction Design Guidelines
- 0904: Interaction Design Principles
- 0909: Interaction Design Theories
- 0916: Java Swing Startup, Using GridBagLayout
- 0918: The Java Event Model, MVC Sample
- 0925: XHTML Rules of Thumb, The Tags That Bind
- 1002: Midterm Review Sheet
- 1009: Menus, Forms, and Dialogs
- 1021: Menus, Tool Bars, and Dialogs in Swing, Higher-Order Swing Components, Externalizing Resources
- 1030: Direct Manipulation
- 1104: Affordances
- 1106: OpenGL Quick Start, Additional OpenGL Tidbits, Lights, Camera, Action!
- 1111: Drag-and-Drop
- 1118: Custom Swing Components
- 1120: Swing Implementation Issues
- 1120: Design Poster & Programming Portfolio Specifications
- 1204: Final Review Sheet
- 1209: Links from final exam:
Related External Links
These links take you to Web sites beyond this server. The sites are in no particular order or bias, just “as they came to mind.”
- Wikipedia: A good starting point for virtually any concept lookup (emphasis on starting point)
- The Daily WTF has its share of interaction design fiascos (among others)
- “Guru” Web sites
- Case study applications
- Published design guidelines
- Swing resources
- Web design resources
- W3 Schools: Nice try-it-yourself feature here
- HTMLHelp.com: Another popular self-teaching site
- The Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C): The ultimate authority, but may be too much for a beginner
- A simple CSS tutorial “from the ground up” from Web Page Design for Designers
- CSS notes from Prof. Ray Toal’s Internet technologies course
- The Web Developer Extension home page: Extremely useful, and free!
- OpenGL/GLUT resources
- Research projects and prototypes